- Our Programs
- Tools and Data
- News and Events
- About PCIC
You are here
Regional Climate Services
PCIC is committed to the timely production and delivery of useful climate information, analysis and interpretation to regional stakeholders. We provide regionally focused climate services that are tailored to stakeholders within the Pacific and Yukon Region of Canada. Selected projects and activities serve to both strengthen PCIC’s core capacity and to provide climate services to address user needs. PCIC works collaboratively with stakeholders, relying on the mutual exchange of information to provide and deliver applied, authoritative climate information.
At the heart of PCIC’s service provision are three service objectives:
- To PROVIDE climate observations and future climate projections specific to the PCIC study region
- To PROVIDE analysis of the impacts of climate variability and change on regional climate and water resources
- To PROVIDE interpretation of regional climate information specific to user needs
PCIC will meet these service objectives by ensuring that users have access to a variety and tools and sources of climate information, including:
- Recent climate observations and future climate projections, providing baseline information for a variety of user needs.
- Specialized regional analyses, including analysis of climate extremes, hydrological modelling and documenting uncertainty.
- Direct interaction with users of climate information and involves the interpretation of future climate variability and change for specific user needs with the ultimate aim being the delivery of user-commissioned reports.
The delivery of information under the three service objectives will involve a comprehensive approach that recognizes the complex and diverse user-base for climate information. Modes of delivery range from online tools to user-commissioned reports containing information that is sufficiently robust so that it can be acted upon by users.